So yesterday I spent the day with Victoria, taking some pictures, baking, eating and talking about old times. We had a really nice and tranquil day together, full of cinnamon tea talks.
We made some cakes: a strawberry and raspberry one and an apple one with my mother's fruit-cake recipe. She taught us how to make it, and now, we want to teach you. Both were amazing! We have already eaten them. There's not a single cake piece left!
So I want to share with you the recipe of the strawberry and raspberry one. I promise, it's the easiest and most delicious cake in the whole world. It's pretty fast to make too, so if someday you need to make something fast for dessert, then, this is your cake! You don't need a lot of ingredients neither. And you can make it with whatever fruit you want, really.
If you want to see the apple cake recipe, stay tuned to her blog, I think she's going to post it soon.
- 3 eggs
- 7 spoons sugar
- 7 spoons flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 65g butter
- A little glass rum or lemon juice
- Strawberries and raspberries
- Whisk the 3 eggs and then add the sugar and the flour. Stir well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave till it gets liquid. Add it to the mixture.
- Add the rum.
- Butter the baking dish and put some flour on it.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Poor the mixture you made before in the baking dish.
- Cut or chop the strawberries (however you want to, really) and put them with the raspberries in the mixture.
- Put it in the oven for about 25 min.
Then, it's ready! You can put icing sugar on it if you want. I didn't put it because I thought the cake was very pretty like that. Now it's time to enjoy!